Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that our customers commonly ask. If your question isn’t here, please feel free to contact us.
1. How do I purchase from your website?
- First select the license(s) you need then Add the game(s) you want to your shopping cart by clicking the «Purchase» button.
- In your shopping cart, give the required information to continue.
- 3. Click the «Purchase» button and follow the checkout process.
After your payment has been processed (usually within seconds), you’ll see a confirmation page containing your order details and download links. In addition, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your order details and download links.Don’t know which game license to select? Please read more at Licenses And Prices page.
After your payment has been processed (usually within seconds), you’ll see a confirmation page containing your order details and download link. The download link will never expire.. In addition, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your order details and download link.
2. Where is the download link?
You can access your download link in several ways:
- Immediately after payment. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll see a download page so that you can start downloading your game immediately.
- In your purchase confirmation email. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll also receive a confirmation email with your order details and download link. Please check your Spam or Junk mail folders, as it may have landed there.
3. Can I upgrade from one license to another?
Sure. It’s easy: Just purchase the license again with an upgrade usage.
4. Do I have to credit the Forestry Games in my projects if I use your game?
You are not required to include Forestry Games in your projects, although it is good practice to do so. If you decide to credit the Forestry Games, you may find appropriate credit information in your game document. When crediting, you should generally use the Forestry Games name.
5. Does the game I buy belong to me?
No. You do not actually own the game. The copyright to the game remains the property of the developer’s. Purchasing a license only allows you to use the game for your projects and purposes in accordance with the license agreement.
6. Are there restrictions on using the game?
We know that people like you – gamer’s, fans, individuals, and enthusiasts – love our games and sometimes want to use things like game play footage, screenshots, music, and other elements of our games (“Game Content”) to make things like videos, and other cool things (your “Item(s)”). We’d like to make that easier to do for fans of our games. So long as you can respect these rules, you can use our Game Content to make your Items.
In order to make sure we can continue making games we love to make and you love to play, there are some Rules that apply to our license grant for your Items. It’s tough to predict everything people will do, but there are some things that you can and can’t do.
We’re encouraging you to create and redistribute your Items. You may post the Items on your own site or you may link to a third-party site containing your Items if you’d prefer to store them there, so long as the third-party site does not break any of these Rules.
Though our licenses cover a lot of use cases, there are some restrictions:
You may not:
- Sell, trade in, give away or distribute the game itself.
- You can’t reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don’t normally permit in order to create your Items.
- You can’t use Game Content to create an Item that is pornographic, lewd, obscene, vulgar, discriminatory (on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.), illegal, hate speech, promoting violence, drug use or any illegal activity, promoting crimes against humanity, genocide or torture, or is otherwise objectionable. Whether an Item is “objectionable” is up to us, but you can expect us to be concerned if a significant number of people in the game’s community or the public at large report the content as offensive. If you see an Item or content that you consider objectionable, we recommend that you first report it to the online service where it is hosted, as it may violate that service’s policy too. But you can also report it to us and we’ll see what we can do.
- If you want to use the soundtracks or audio effects from the original game, we often license those from or to third parties and don’t always have the rights to pass them on to you. If we do, we’ll let you know. For example, we might mention on the community website for a particular game whether you have these rights, so you’d do well to check. If we don’t let you know, you need permission from a third party, especially for games with licensed music.
- You cannot enter into any agreement with someone else to exclusively distribute your Item even if they don’t pay you. We give you this license so that you can make cool Items and share them far and wide. Someone else holding your Item back from wide distribution means: (a) it’s not going far and wide; and (b) it is very likely that person is trying to use the Game Content to promote their commercial venture. That’s not what these Rules are about.
- Where someone is trying to use Game Content to promote their commercial venture (even just a commercial website), they need our permission to do this. That is not allowed today unless that person has a commercial license from us, and so far, we haven’t given anyone permission to do this. We’ll let you know if we do.
- You can’t infringe anyone’s IP rights in your Item.
- If your Item is an app or website, it can’t include any malware, adware, spyware or lead to spam or phishing attempts.
- Once you’ve made and distributed your Item, anyone else using it also has to follow these rules.
- Along those same lines, please don’t use actual logos from the Forestry Games as part of your Item’s logos.
- If anyone wants to use your Item, including building on it, they have to comply with these Rules too. We don’t mind if other people help you out, but you have to be clear with them that it’s not you giving permission to use the Game Content, it’s us. And like you, they can’t earn money from their efforts, except as permitted by these Rules. That’s how we make sure everyone plays by these same Rules.
- There’s still a way to do some of these things we’ve excluded, but you have to contact us for a commercial license. If you’re interested in doing that, send us a mail via contact page And if you’re running a real festival, we’d like to discuss with you because you’ll probably want to do things like redistribute festival game DVDs and the like, and we want to make sure that’s done right.
If you do any of these things, we may tell you or others that your Item violates these Rules, that you have to stop distributing your Item right away, or that you need a commercial license. So there.
7. Is it safe to make a purchase on your website?
Absolutely. Our servers employ best SSL certificates, meaning all of your information is securely handled.
8. What payment methods does Forestry Games offer to you?
Forestry Games offer many payment methods to license a game.
- American Express
- PIN debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
- Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo
- Wire Transfer / Bank Transfer
Some of these options are only available in select currencies.